Medical emergencies happen.
GEDS physicians and advanced practice providers are ready to provide the care you need.
GEDS providers are priviledged to provide care in emergency department locations that offer many services, including:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Primary Stroke Center with cutting edge Stroke Alert protocols
- Cardiac Arrest Center utlizing ECMO (Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) and hypothermia protocols
- ECMO is the extracorporeal (occuring or based outside the living body) technique of providing prolonged cardiac and respiratory support to a person whose heart and lungs are unable to provide and adequate amount of gas exchange or perfusion to sustain life.
- Simulation Training Labs for high-risk clinical conditions
- Emergency Observation Unit (EOU) for cardiac, neurological, and other conditions to avoid unnecessary admissions